The Firebird XC. Freshly designated by USA Cycling as Colorado’s Cross Country State Championship event and as such, an automatic qualifier for national championships. Firebird has a course for every rider, from junior to PRO.
For the short course we’ve got a trip around Boneyard and Pool and Ice, two of Eagle’s signature trails. For the medium and long course riders? Longer versions of the same; the intermediate course throws in an Ewok Planet descent down Redneck Ridge and a lap around tha HayMizzy, while the long course has riders headed down Redneck Ridge twice. All courses finish on the BMX track…so you better be polishing your manual.
Come join us in Eagle. Come to race. Stay for the demo, the craft beer, the amazing musical lineup, and most of all, good times with friends.
Online registration is now closed. Please register on site. See schedule for hours of operation. Thanks!
Online registration is now closed. Please register on site. See below for hours of operation. Thanks! We pride ourselves on keeping costs low for our customers. Riders can register on site until 30 minutes prior to their race’s start time.
Do Juniors race free? Yes they do. As long as they preregister. All onsite junior registration will incur a fee of $25/rider.
USAC annual licenses are required to be designated as CO State Champion in ALL categories. One-day licenses will be available for the PRO and Cat 1 categories for $25. One-day licenses are also available for Cat 2, 3, Singlespeed, Fatbike and Junior categories. These are $10. All riders may race, but to reiterate, state championship titles will only be awarded to riders in possession of an annual license originating from the state of Colorado. Additionally, we’ve elected not to award a state championship to the Fatbike category.
On-site registration/packet pickup hours;
Friday, June 2: 4pm-8pm
Saturday, June 3: 7am-11am
Packet pickup and on-site registration location:
1185 Capitol St, Eagle, CO 81631
All USAC rules apply, plus our standard three:
- Don’t be a dick.
- Wear your helmet.
- Don’t litter.
Friday, June 2
- 5pm-8pm – Registration & Packet Pickup – Addison Building, 1185 Capitol St, Eagle, CO 81631
- 4pm-11pm – Bonfire Block Party – Broadway St. – Friday lineup: Robert Randolph & the Family Band, The London Souls, Renegade Sons & Town Cavalry
- 6pm – PRANA and SMITH pre-sale. This is a ticketed event with a $10 charge at the door. Entry to sale on Sat and Sun is free.
- 6pm-9pm – Demo Load In – permanent vendors
Saturday, June 3
- 7am-9am Demo Load In REGISTER
- 7am-5pm: Race and Demo Registration Open at the Addison Building
- 9am-5pm Expo/Demo Hours
- 5pm-6pm Demo Load Out (temporary vendors)
- 7am Registration Opens – Addison Building, 1185 Capitol St, Eagle, CO 81631
- 10am – Firebird XC SHORT COURSE
- 10:30am – Firebird XC MEDIUM COURSE
- 11:30am – Firebird XC LONG COURSE
- on site registration for all races ends 30 minutes prior to race start
- PREREGISTERED KIDS (18 & under) RACE FREE!
- REGISTER for ALL categories
- 1:30pm Firebird XC Awards – DUSTY BOOT back deck
- 9am-5pm Consumer DEMO/EXPO
- 9am-5pm PrAna Sample Sale – Addison Building, Capitol St.
- 10:15am-12:30pm VVASA Kids Ride, ages 7-12. Meet at grass spot on the corner of Capitol and Sylvan Lake Rd.
- 11:00am Strider Race #1, corner of Capital and Founder’s Avenue
- 2pm – Strider Race #2, corner of Capital and Founder’s Avenue
- 4pm-11pm – Bonfire Block Party – Broadway St. – Saturday lineup: Sam Bush Band, Robby People, London Honeydrops & tea Leaf Green
Sunday, June 4
- 7am-9am Demo Load In
- 9am-5pm Expo/Demo Hours
- 5pm-6pm Demo Load Out – temporary vendors
- 7am Registration/Packet Pickup Opens, Addison Building – Capitol St.
- 11am: Milk & Cookies Run, race starts at Luigi’s
- 11:45: The Beer Mile, race starts at Luigi’s REGISTER
- 9am-4pm Consumer DEMO/EXPO
- 9:30am Yoga in the Park – Town Park
- 9:30am Fishing Derby – meet at the fishin’ hole, just a rock’s throw from the back deck of The Dusty Boot. Free poles for the first 100 kids! 12 and under ONLY, please.
- 11am Strider Race #3, corner of Capital and Founder’s Avenue
- 1pm Strider Race #4, corner of Capital and Founder’s Avenue
- 2:00pm CHROMOLY CHEF – Capitol St.
$2000 split 5-deep in the PRO fields. Equal $$$ for both genders.
All other categories are gunning for medals, awards and glory.
|FIREBIRD 2017 – LONG COURSE||FIREBIRD 2017 – MEDIUM COURSE|
|25 Miles – 11:30AM start||19 Miles – 10:30 start|
|Pro/Open Men||Cat 2 Men 19-29|
|Pro/Open Women||Cat 2 Women 19-29|
|Cat 1 Men 19-29||Cat 2 Men 30-39|
|Cat 1 Women 19-29||Cat 2 Women 30-39|
|Cat 1 Men 30-39||Cat 2 Men 40-49|
|Cat 1 Women 30-39||Cat 2 Women 40+|
|Cat 1 Men 40-49||Cat 2 Men 50+|
|Cat 1 Women 40+||Singlespeed Women Open Age|
|Cat 1 Men 50+||Singlespeed Men Open Age|
|Amateur Open Men||Fatbike Open Age/Gender|
|Amateur Open Women||Clydesdale Open Age/Category, 190# and up|
|Junior MEN 15-16, Cat 1/2|
|FIREBIRD 2017 – SHORT COURSE A||Junior WOMEN 15-16, Cat 1/2|
|13 Miles – 10AM start||Junior MEN 17-18, Cat 1/2|
|Cat 3 Men 19-29||Junior WOMEN 17-18, Cat 1/2|
|Cat 3 Women 19-29|
|Cat 3 Men 30-39||FIREBIRD 2017 – SHORT COURSE B|
|Cat 3 Women 30-44||8 Miles – 10AM start|
|Cat 3 Men 40+||Junior MEN 8 & Under, Cat 1/2/3|
|Cat 3 Women 45+||Junior WOMEN 8 & Under, Cat 1/2/3|
|Junior MEN 13-14, Cat 1/2/3||Junior MEN 9-10, Cat 1/2/3|
|Junior WOMEN 13-14, Cat 1/2/3||Junior WOMEN 9-10, Cat 1/2/3|
|Junior MEN 15-16, Cat 2/3||Junior MEN 11-12, Cat 1/2/3|
|Junior WOMEN 15-16, Cat 2/3||Junior WOMEN 11-12, Cat 1/2/3|
Directions to Starts
Firebird XC – (Saturday)
- GIVE YOURSELF 15 minutes to ride to start!
- From Registration, head NORTH (towards Eagle) from event venue on Capitol Street
- Turn EAST (right) on 3rd Street
- Climb/drive past school, then turn LEFT (north) on Mill Road
- Take an immediate RIGHT on Bluffs Drive
- The trailhead will be on your right after 1 block
- Park and RIDE/WALK uphill approximately 300 yards to race start (at entrance to Boneyard Trail)
- Short Courses – 10am
- Intermediate Course – 10:30
- Long Course – 11:30
On site registration for YOUR event shuts down 45 minutes prior to YOUR start.
Special thanks to the Bureau of Land Management, the Town of Eagle, Eagle Ranch Village and the United States Forest Service. A significant portion of this event is conducted on public lands under special permit from the aforementioned parties including the U.S. Bureau of Land Management and the United States Forest Service.